Get the authentic CrossFit experience! Established in 2006 and located at 47 Clarence St, Coorparoo CrossFit Brisbane is the original and most qualified Affiliate in town. Ph 0412 334 firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to the CrossFit Kids Trainer Seminar that we are hosting this weekend, we will only be running a 6am and a 7am session on Saturday, there will be no 8am session.
WOD Teams of 2 complete As Many Rounds As Possible in 24 min:- 10 Thrusters, 42kg (30kg) 5 Burpees 150m Sprint
Partner one completes a full round, gives his or her friend a high-5, then partner two completes a round while partner one rests. Alternate the rounds to accomplish as many rounds and reps as possible in 24 minutes. (Thanks to CrossFit Flagstaff)
1. Note that he is lifting very heavy max loads but DOES NOT ROUND HIS BACK through the lift. There is no compromise here. He maintains a flat back throughout the lift and maintains a stable midline. This is a quality lifter who is strong, pushing himself to his capacity but not beyond. This is what a good heavy deadlift should look like and is the result of good mobility, good mechanics, correct positions/setup and a well coordinated (and practiced) movement. People that argue that you have to round your back to lift heavy are making excuses for not having done the work to get a good position and correct mechanics, or are letting their ego rule their lifting. There is no excuse for loading a bar beyond your capacity and placing your back at risk. Don't do it. Be like this guy, put the work in the lift with fantastic mechanics. There is no doubt that this lifter has earned the big numbers. He has many reps of good lifting under his belt.
2. How much fun is he having!! This guy LOVES lifting and is bringing more and more energy and motivation as the lifts get heavier. He is DETERMINED! Every muscle is engaged and straining.
3. Note the hamstring engagement. Just before the lift he purposely loads up his hamstrings and posterior chain by putting tension on them and then pulling himself back into position. Kelly Starret would be proud. This is a great example of "getting organised" before starting the lift.
4. As it gets heavier and more serious he loses the shoes because he wants to feel the earth and drive hard into the ground while staying back on his heels. Weightlifting shoes are a terrible choice for deadlifting. Good deadlifters want to be connected with the ground and don't use a raised heel. Save the weightlifting shoes for Clean and Snatch.
5. He is gripping the bar and squeezing it to death! This is the key to having a fully engaged body.
WOD [A] Hang Power Snatch + Hang Squat Snatch + Overhead Squat 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 [COMPETITION TRAINING] [B] 5 rounds of: 1 Suicide Sprint 15 GHD Sit-ups Each suicide sprint is up & back for 5m, 10m, 15m and 20m. rest exactly...